Alpaca, while being a durable wool, does need some special attention when you wash it. Here are our simple washing and drying steps:
- You never want to use hot water for baby alpaca wool, as the fabric will band together. Always use cold water and soak your garment with a mild detergent.
- Gently squeeze the item without wringing, which can cause stretching.
- Rinse well in cold water and carefully press out the extra water by hand.
- Use the towel method to get out the extra moisture; just lay clothing between two dry towels and then roll it up and push down to soak up the water.
- Lay flat on a clean towel to dry
And you’re done!