Alpaca wool is amazing. It is eco-friendly and naturally stain-resistant, which means many spills can simply be blotted away before they even sink in. Washing your alpaca clothing requires some care and attention, just like any wool products, but if you follow these instructions they should last a long time.
- Soak your garment in cold water with a mild detergent. Never use bleach or harsh chemicals, and avoid hot water, which will affect the consistency of the wool.
- Without wringing, gently squeeze the item to get it clean.
- Rinse in cold water and press out the extra water with your hands.
- Lay flat between two towels and roll up the towels to absorb the water.
- Dry flat on a fresh towel or on a sweater rack. Avoid drying in the sun.